Novartis wraps up Alcon majority stake
This article was originally published in The Tan Sheet
Executive SummaryNovartis acquires Nestle's 52 percent stake in Alcon for $28.3 billion, giving Novartis a total of 77 percent ownership in the eye care firm. With the Nestle deal completed Aug. 26, Novartis continues its quest for the remaining 23 percent of Alcon held by independent stockholders, who have rejected Novartis' proposed purchase price as inadequate (1"The Tan Sheet" Aug. 23, 2010). "We are ready to defend the rights of Alcon and its minority shareholders if Novartis refuses to negotiate a fair deal," said Thomas Plaskett, chairman of Alcon's independent director committee
You may also be interested in...
Quanta Dialysis is linking up with B. Braun Avitum UK to support patients with Quanta’s personal hemodialysis device in the home. See what Quanta CEO John Milad said about it here.