J&J no liability
This article was originally published in The Tan Sheet
A California jury cleared McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals on July 17 of liability in a lawsuit filed by 11-year-old Sabrina Brierton Johnson, who suffered Stevens-Johnson syndrome after using Children's Motrin. Johnson, who is now blind, will appeal her case, which alleges the Johnson & Johnson division failed to adequately warn on its product label that the ibuprofen in Motrin can trigger a rare allergic reaction that causes blindness and even death, according to lawyers at Greene Broillet & Wheeler, which represented the girl and her parents in the case litigated in Los Angeles Superior Court ("The Tan Sheet" June 16, 2008, p. 9)...
You may also be interested in...
A lawsuit that alleges Children's Motrin with ibuprofen caused a girl's blindness wants McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals to clearly list all potential serious adverse reactions on the product's label and compensate the child
Resolution Medical teamed up with Carbon to introduce more than one million 3D-printed nasal swabs a week to address the shortage for COVID-19 testing.
Early results from the Low-Risk Bicuspid study of the Evolut transcatheter aortic valve replacement system showed low rates of all-cause mortality or stroke.