Division of Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
Latest From Shire PLC
BioMarin’s focus on rare diseases and gene therapies and expected financial growth make it a logical acquisition target for almost any large pharma, though Biogen, Amgen and Regeneron also offer a beneficial fit for many.
Shire puts in solid results in last full year before Takeda acquisition, with 4% sales growth and strong cash flow, but there was some weakness in hematology stemming from lower ex-US prices and rising competition.
A review of biopharma start-up dealmaking and financing activity from October through December 2018, based on data from Strategic Transactions.
Takeda saw continued growth for mainstay drugs in what it described as a ‘robust’ last quarter of reporting before the inclusion of Shire, with global blockbuster Entyvio leading the way, but gave away little new on widely anticipated post-deal divestments.
- Specialty Pharmaceuticals
- Therapeutic Areas
- Infectious & Viral Diseases
- Neurology, Nervous System
- Shire Ltd.
- Shire Pharmaceuticals Group PLC
- North America
- Company Type
- Midsize European
- Parent & Subsidiaries
Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Baxalta Inc.
- Bikam Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Dyax Corp.
- FerroKin Biosciences Inc.
- Fibrotech Therapeutics Pty. Ltd.
- Foresight Biotherapeutics Inc.
- Jerini AG
- Lotus Tissue Repair Inc.
- Lumena Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Meritage Pharma Inc.
- Movetis NV
- New River Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Pervasis Therapeutics Inc.
- Richwood Pharmaceutical Co. Inc.
- Roberts Pharmaceutical Corp.
- SARcode Bioscience Inc.
- Shire BioChem Inc.
- Shire Human Genetic Therapies AB
- Shire Human Genetic Therapies Inc.
- Shire Pharmaceuticals Ireland Ltd.
- Shire Regenerative Medicine Inc.
- ViroPharma Inc.
- Shire PLC
- Senior Management
Flemming Ornskov, MD, CEO
Thomas Dittrich, CFO
Perry Sternberg, Head, US Commercial
Andreas Busch, PhD, Head, R&D & CSO
- Contact Info
Phone: (44)(617) 349-0200
300 Shire Way
Lexington, MA 02421
All set! This article has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.