Children’s Motrin lawsuit
This article was originally published in The Tan Sheet
Use of McNeil's Children's Motrin allegedly caused onset of toxic epidermal necrolysis with severe traumatic complications in eight-year-old California girl, according to lawsuit filed March 12 in Austin, Tex. federal court. Plaintiffs allege drug was defective and "unreasonably dangerous because there was no...adequate warning that consumption of this drug could result in...TEN, or in any type of severe life threatening skin reaction." Defendants "should be held liable for gross negligence and intentional misconduct," complaint states, noting plaintiffs will specify exact amount of damages sought at a later date. Law firm notes it plans to file second, similar case soon, has already filed another case against Advil manufacturer Wyeth. McNeil says it is investigating the incident...
You may also be interested in...
The company is optimistic about a significant portion of eligible patients opting for its newly approved long-acting HIV therapy over daily, oral antiviral therapy.
After reviewing real-world data, the US agency says the decontamination systems should only be used for compatible facemasks and should not be used to clean a mask more than four times.
Under an extensive COVID-19 plan and executive order signed on 21 January, the US president explained how he’ll beef up testing and manufacturing of medtech to fight the virus.